First choir cluster concert set for Tuesday night

Sarayu Bongale

The Redhawk choir is preparing for its first cluster concert featuring singers from Anderson Elementary, Taylor Elementary, and Vandeventer Middle School Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium. This concert will give younger choir students the opportunity to experience high school level choir.

Rin Ryu, Managing Editor

The Redhawk choir is preparing for its first cluster concert featuring singers from Anderson Elementary, Taylor Elementary, and Vandeventer Middle School Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium.

“We’re bringing them in to give them an opportunity to perform with us,” choir director Toni Ugolini said. “Also to see what the progression will be from elementary singer to high school singer, should that be the road they choose to pursue.”

The choir will be singing winter songs such as “Let it Snow”, “Mr. Grinch”, and “Carol of the Bells” and will finish the cluster concert with a combined song wishing audience members peace as the new year approaches.

Junior Saanvi Bhasin is excited to spread holiday joy with these classic winter songs.

“Although these songs aren’t the most vocally challenging, I still enjoy singing them because of how festive they are,” Bhasin said. “I also think singing these easier songs will create a more enjoyable environment for the younger kids.”

Performing in front of an audience beyond high school is something Ugolini is looking forward to.

“I think it’s exciting to showcase what we have been doing for a new audience,” Ugolini said. “I know for parents and audience members, it’s really fun to see the progression [of] where their young students might be in just a few short years.”

Singing alongside younger students is something Bhasin is looking forward to.

“I am looking forward to being able to sing with different people,” Bhasin said. “Compared to concerts with just high schoolers, I think singing with younger students will create a more fun, lively environment.”

Seeing the growth of her students is one of Ugolini’s favorite parts of these concerts.

“I love seeing how much the students have grown,” Ugolini said. “This is our first cluster concert at Liberty, but I know at my previous schools, there would be students who had participated in the elementary, middle school, and high school choirs, so these concerts were kind of a road map of their school time.”