Frisco ISD hosts financial aid webinar Tuesday

Seniors+can+learn+more+about+FAFSA+with+the+FAFSA+workshop+on+Wednesday+in+the+cafeteria+from+6+-+7%3A45+p.m.+The+purpose+of+this+workshop+is+to+helps+students+understand+FAFSA+and+how+to+apply%2C++counselor+Ryan+Kiefer+said.+

Maya Silberman

Seniors can learn more about FAFSA with the FAFSA workshop on Wednesday in the cafeteria from 6 – 7:45 p.m. “The purpose of this workshop is to helps students understand FAFSA and how to apply,” counselor Ryan Kiefer said.

Maya Silberman and Saachi Kuchu

As students consider their post-secondary school options, many don’t know where to begin when it comes to financial aid. Frisco ISD and Going Merry, a company focused on helping students find and apply for scholarships, are hosting a webinar Wednesday from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. 

According to AP Economics teacher Hunter Harris, financial aid literacy is incredibly valuable for students. 

“I think it’s important for students to educate themselves on getting financial aid because it provides equal opportunities for all students regarding different types of backgrounds,” Harris said. “Also, like managing your money and how your money gets into college tuition and housing.”

The presentation will cover scholarships, FAFSA®, state aid, the cost of college, and student loans. At the end, there will also be a Q&A session for attendees.

More information and the link to RSVP can be found via the FISD website.