One ‘sharp’ Redhawk makes All-State Choir

Aashi Shah

Aashi Shah, WTV Staff Reporter

Only four students from all of Frisco ISD have made it to All-State Choir, one of which includes a Redhawk who is currently in San Antonio for the state convention.

After countless hours of preparing, senior Shriya Pattangi has made it to All-State Choir.

“I’m learning from one of the best conductors in quite possibly the world, and it’s such an amazing experience, learning experience,” Pattangi said. “You can feel the love everyone has for the music, and you can feel that you’re in that group that wants to perform that music to the best of their ability.”

To get to All-State Choir, Pattangi has spent hours rehearsing on her own and with choir director Toni Ugolini.

“When she moved at the beginning of last year, she decided she wanted to go through the all-state process,” Ugolini said. “So to come in her first year to do it, make the choir, is an incredible accomplishment. It’s even a greater accomplishment to make it two years in a row.”

Pattangi considers her director a great mentor and teacher that is always giving tips to help her improve.

“She’s taught me a lot about musicality and how to emote in a piece, how to really give your full singing capability to a piece of music,” Pattangi said. “She’s probably the reason I’m making it to all-state.”