NAHS seeking officers

The National Art Honor Society is an organization that combines artistic skills and community service.

Ariela Rodrigues

Ariela Rodrigues, Guest Contributor

With the final six weeks of the school year starting on Monday, some clubs are starting to open applications for next year’s officers. For students in National Art Honor Society that means a few things.

“I think students need to first of all have a lot of dedication,” president Shanee Lu said. “They need to have shown that they’ve dedicated a lot of hours into our club and that they’ve worked hard and they’ve had ideas for our club and then also they need to show leadership and they need to be able to delegate work and also balance controlling other people verses but also getting stuff done themselves.”

Of course there’s another key component prospective officers should have.

“For people that want to run for officer positions they should be interested in art,” vice president Niveda Subramanian said. “They don’t necessarily need to be good at drawing but they should be passionate about art. They should also be passionate about community service. What I like most about being an officer is getting to put my ideas out there and taking into consideration the other peoples ideas.”

Sponsor Pernie Fallon is excited for the new students who will be replacing this year’s officers.

“To be an officer of NAHS of course you need to either be an artist or be an art appreciator,” NAHS sponsor Pernie Fallon said. “We need both. And then to enjoy working with people and to be willing to be a leader or a follower depending on he situation.You need to be committed to the group and an active of corse. I’m really excited for the relationship that we will build with each other and with the club and the projects that they will be coming up with to have for next year.”