Theatre performs in UIL One Act play competition

provided by Kameron Askew

Theatre performs their UIL One Act play Thursday at Memorial High School. The cast started rehearsals back in January.

Andrew Jáuregui, Interactive Media Editor

Theater is performing their production of 33 Variations in the UIL One Act play competition on Thursday at Memorial High School. The cast has been rehearsing since January to put the show together.

The group was scheduled to a public performance of the play, but the severe storm on March 2 led this show to be rescheduled for March 21.  

“Instead of having the show we had a mega rehearsal,” Senior Hayes Walker said. “We actually rehearsed Friday, even though there wasn’t school. We got in a good five hours to really just push everything into the show. It would have been our first public reception of the show. We would have gotten some more like critiques, and the audience helps tell what things do or don’t work.”

The additional rehearsal time has put an increased focus on the UIL performance, with junior Kadence Phearse, who plays the character of Clara, feeling that the group will be ready to perform.

“When the public performance was originally scheduled, we were actually focused on getting ready for the competition this week,” Phearse said. “I feel we will do really well since we have more time.”