National Honor Society officers for 2023-2024 announced

provided by Reva Kabnurkar

The NHS officers for the 2023-2024 school year have been announced. Junior Reva Kabnurkar (pictured) will be filling the role of president.

Rin Ryu, Managing Editor

The National Honor Society (NHS) officers for the 2023-2024 school year were revealed via an email sent out to NHS members on Saturday. 

“When I first realized I got elected, I was genuinely overwhelmed with honor that so many of my peers trusted me with this role,” junior Reva Kabnurkar said. 

Kabnurkar is looking forward to creating a more engaging NHS environment in hopes that they’ll enjoy volunteer opportunities.

“I am really excited to encourage the NHS student body to treat their required volunteer hours as an opportunity to learn and, at the same time, support their community,” Kabnurkar said. “Taking pleasure in volunteer work can be a beneficial and wholesome experience for high schoolers. I want to use the platform of NHS president to motivate students to volunteer someplace they are interested in.”

Junior Rohan Tolia shares the same sentiment, expressing his hopes of creating an enjoyable environment for NHS students.

“I just want NHS to be more fun,” Tolia said. “Yes, we should be oriented on helping the community, but also, the well-being of our members is quite important to me. Possibly even having socials would be great for the organization as it can foster a great student community.”

In addition to having fun, Kabnurkar aims to turn NHS into an organization that will help students in their future endeavors.

“Next year, I hope to see the NHS student body volunteer someplace that will help them in the future,” Kabnurkar said. “Overall, I see a more community-oriented group of individuals working together to improve their own futures as well as the future of their community.”