Opinion: The aggravating nature of Texas weather

From overnight storms to blue skies with a sprinkling of clouds, the weather in Texas can change dramatically in a matter of hours.

Dea-Mallika Divi, Guest Contributor

Texas weather is unpredictable. One day it might be a bright sunny but the next it will be pouring rain. The bipolarity of the weather could drive someone crazy. It is so frustrating because you don’t know when you need a jacket or if it is a shorts day. There are times when students come to school wearing Nike shorts and a T-shirt when it it 50 degrees outside because the day before was 80 degrees.
Checking the weather before deciding what to wear for the day is an option but the forecasts are only sometime right. Also some students have stopped relying on the inaccurate weather forecast on their phones long ago.
Some say the fluctuating temperatures are due to “the blob” and others say it is climate change or global warming, but no matter what the cause is, it is infuriating. The mornings may be bright and pleasant, but by the time school ends you’ll be trudging through mushy grass and jumping mini pools of rainwater to get to your car or bus.
Even within the span of ten minutes the weather can change. You can be looking out the window looking at the brilliant sun but suddenly stormy clouds can roll in suddenly block out the sun.
Another side effect of inconsistent climate conditions is mood swings. It can be said that the weather plays a role in deciding how we feel on a given day. That means having a bipolar climate can lead to a bipolar society. The first half of the day people are in one mood and as the day goes on and the irregular Texas weather continues, moods change.
Texas is an amazing state to live in, but the weather is absolutely aggravating as the bipolarity of the climate drives many residents crazy.

Dea-Mallika Divi, Assignment Editor

Dea is a senior who has been doing journalism since her freshman year. She loves movies, reading and listening to music. Her favorite book series is...