Opinion: Let’s keep bus rides quiet

Finding peace and quiet on a bus ride to or from school can be quite the challenge writes guest columnist Dea-Mallika Divi.

Dea-Mallika Divi

Dea-Mallika Divi, Guest Contributor

25 million children ride the bus to school all over the United States. All the students on the bus may not be loud and rowdy, but there are always those four to five kids who ruin the peaceful ride to and from school. They yell and scream like banshees who had way too much sugar.

Every morning the group of rambunctious teens enter the bus full of energy and ready to annoy everyone else on the bus. They sit at the back making it nearly impossible for the bus driver to pinpoint who is behind the pandemonium. They holler out cuss words and make racist jokes without considering the other people’s feelings. These kinds of people can be extremely insolent when they are blinded by their desire to be the loudest and “funniest” person there. The need to make people laugh is understandable, but doing it at the expense of others is wrong and heartless. The time of day doesn’t matter either; whether it’s the bus ride to school or the bus ride home, the jokesters will give you a headache for sure.

Most students drown out the noise by blasting music through their headphones, but some have to endure the cackels of the rowdy teens. Music is a great way to douse their roars until they pull out their own speakers. The bus driver usually tells them to either stop the music or use headphones, but the trouble makers don’t pay attention to him or her.

Bus rides can help you keep your mind clear and calm as you make your way to and from school but these mischief-makers completely ruin the serene atmosphere causing students to reach their house or school with a troubled mind.

Dea-Mallika Divi, Assignment Editor

Dea is a senior who has been doing journalism since her freshman year. She loves movies, reading and listening to music. Her favorite book series is...