Editorial: We want our WTV

Editorial: We want our WTV

Last year, Wingspan TV would make an announcement every day at the end of second period after the pledge to remind teachers to play the WTV Daily Update. Now, student council does the pledge every morning at the beginning of first period, so the announcement to watch the WTV Daily Update is no longer being made even though the update is still done every day. This should change.

Broadcast students put in a lot of work every day to provide these informational updates for the school. Their effort is being put to waste when they aren’t allowed to announce it’s time to watch the Daily Update over the PA system. In addition, the updates provide a lot of beneficial information that students possibly won’t know about if they don’t watch it. For example, they tell us when clubs are meeting, when sports events are taking place and many other important events.

School administration did start sending out emails with the link to the update attached every day after school. But realistically, after school hours, students most likely just go home and do their own thing without really thinking to go through their emails to watch the update.

With that being said, teachers who have a second period class (which is five minutes longer this year) should really try to make time for the short updates at the end of class. They don’t take much time and they can benefit all of the students watching.