Senior showcases her work in Studio No2

Senior Summer Tribble’s artwork is being showcased in the schools Studio No2. Students interested in having their art work display in the studio can talk to teacher Fred Rodriguez.

Brooke Colombo

Senior Summer Tribble’s artwork is being showcased in the school’s Studio No2. Students interested in having their art work display in the studio can talk to teacher Fred Rodriguez.

Studio No2, the school’s art studio, provides a space for students to showcase their artwork and creative expression to peers. Senior Summer Tribble’s artwork is now being showcased and can be viewed at any time during the school day through the end of September.

Artwork by senior Summer Tribble.
Brooke Colombo
Artwork by senior Summer Tribble.

“We didn’t have the gallery until last year and I was in the class that converted it into the gallery,” Tribble said. “It’s a really good opportunity for any student to showcase their work in it.”

Art teacher Fred Rodriguez said that the studio is a great opportunity for students to be exposed to art.

“It’s awesome that not just the kids putting the show on, but all [students] can come look at artwork at any point during the day,” Rodriguez said. “A lot of times we think a gallery or museum is really far away, but now we have that in our school, so it makes it so that we’re always looking at art, which I think is super important.”

Artwork by senior Summer Tribble.
Brooke Colombo
Artwork by senior Summer Tribble.

Tribble said that in deciding what to showcase, she turned to the subject of people, which she said have always captivated her.

“I’ve always been inspired by human form and human emotions, especially the feminine form and women in general,” Tribble said. “Women have always seemed really beautiful and like a good subject for art.”

Students can sign up with Rodriguez to have their artwork showcased in Studio No2.