All-Region Jazz Ensemble named

The 2015 All-Region Jazz Ensemble listens in at a rehearsal. This year junior Nathan Brooks and senior Aaron Stone took things a step further by being accepted into the All-State Jazz Ensemble II, one of the highest in-school achievements for a high school musician and will perform at the annual TMEA Convention in San Antonio in February.

Jazz Ensembles were announced Wednesday with four students making it on Jazz Ensemble 1 and four selected to Jazz Ensemble 2.

provided by Kennedy Williams

The 2015 All-Region Jazz Ensemble listens in at a rehearsal. This year junior Nathan Brooks and senior Aaron Stone took things a step further by being accepted into the All-State Jazz Ensemble II, one of the highest in-school achievements for a high school musician and will perform at the annual TMEA Convention in San Antonio in February. Jazz Ensembles were announced Wednesday with four students making it on Jazz Ensemble 1 and four selected to Jazz Ensemble 2.

Wingspan Staff

The audition process to be selected for the TMEA All-State Jazz Ensemble began Wednesday at Plano West Senior High School with four students selected for the All-Region Jazz Ensemble 1 and advancing to the area auditions. Those that advance from there will be eligible for the All-State Jazz Ensemble.

Below is a list of those students that were selected for Jazz Ensemble 1 and Jazz Ensemble 2.

Jazz Ensemble 1:

Nathan Brooks (junior): 1st chair alto sax

Aaron Stone (senior): 1st chair trumpet

Zach Gross (senior): 1st chair bari sax

Kennedy Williams (sophomore): 2nd chair drums

Jazz Ensemble 2:

Atharva Sinha (senior): 2nd chair alto sax

Pierce Roberts (senior): 2nd chair tenor sax

Sid Sadhu (sophomore): 1st chair trumpet

Reuben Mathews (sophomore): 4th chair trumpet