One of three Frisco ISD students to have her poster be a finalist in a Frisco Square contest, sophomore Juleanna Culilap hopes to one day attend the Rhode Island School of Design.

Hallie Hunter

Juleanna Cuililap

Grade: 10th

Future college: In-state, probably UT Austin. Wants to go to Rhode Island School of Design.

Future Job: Graphic Designer

Years drawing: I’ve never taken an official art class but I do it outside of school

Inspiration: Social media, following another artist

Wingspan: What made you choose art?

Culilap: “ I’ve always liked looking at art so I decided to take art classes.”

Wingspan: How does art affect your everyday life?

Culilap: “ It hasn’t it that much. Specifically aesthetics appeal to me. For design aesthetics, I like flat design because that’s what’s popular right now.”

Wingspan: What is an artistic outlook on life?

Culilap: “ Sometimes I like turning little objects and using using design elements and make collages.”

Wingspan: Can you describe an experience where art has benefited you?

Culilap: “ When I’m stressed about school, I’ll take a break by drawing.”

Wingspan: Do you view art as a form of expressing yourself? How come?

Culilap: “I see it as a form of expressing myself because I can draw whatever I want without anyone telling me what to do.”

Wingspan: Are you considering this as a career? How do you plan on pursuing this?

Culilap: “Not art specifically but I do want to do digital design in the future.”

Wingspan: How did you discover your talent?

Culilap: “In 7th grade I took multimedia, which is photoshop. Now, that is my primary software.”

Wingspan: How is your personality reflected in your work?

Culilap: “ Depending on mood, I can usually use different colors. My color palette reflects how I feel.”

Wingspan: Do you find ways to display your work?

Culilap: “I like doing contests for local organizations like Frisco Square. This provides a good opportunity to show my art work.”

Wingspan: When you are not painting or drawing what are you doing?

Culilap: “I’m in orchestra so I practice the violin and I also do my homework.”

WINGSPAN • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in