Adam Escoto is the newest assistant principal on campus. Having become an assistant principal six years ago, Escoto was motivated by his wife to pursue a job as an administrator.

Adam Escoto

October 8, 2019

Much of the school’s administration is the same as it was in 2018-19, but there’s one new face in the assistant principal’s office. Recently Wingspan caught up with Adan Escoto, the AP overseeing students with last names that range from F-L. 

Wingspan: Where are you from, mainly which school you came from and what spurred you on to become an AP?

Escoto: “Okay, I actually grew up in Houston. The town I grew up in was called Spring Ranch, which was the district I wound up going into. I actually became an assistant principal six years ago and the reason I became an assistant principal was, to tell you the truth, I have been kind of the team lead for the subject areas including science, I was always the team lead for Biology and physics. Everybody always told me you should go into administration because you have great ideas and you’re great with kids. That was kind of the driving force just trying to make an impact.”

Wingspan: How difficult was it to rise to your position?

Escoto: “Actually I’d say I was very lucky in doing it, it was actually honestly pretty easy. It was my wife who kind of pushed me into being an administrator. The roads still not easy and go to school to take classes, there’s that part that usually you don’t talk about.”

Wingspan: Do you find your job fun and what do you like about it?

Escoto: “What I like about it is meeting many different types of kids. You have your athletes, you have your kids who’re in theater, your kids that like for example dungeons and dragons. So You Know you get to meet all kinds of differing types of kids, not just kids that you had when you were a teacher but you get to see a wide amount of personalities and interests”

Wingspan: What are your duties on campus?

Escoto: “You know honestly I have been enjoying my time here and honestly I like walking around the halls and meet new kids. Making it a safe environment for everybody.”

Wingspan: So what was your childhood like and what made you want to teach?

Escoto: “In my childhood there were four of us and honestly as far as teaching growing up neither of my parents went to college so going to college was instilled that I don’t know how you’re going to college or who’s paying but you’re going. Growing up I always did service at church kind of like vacation bible school, like I said I was good with kids and originally in college I wanted to go to Pre-Med until realizing all the stresses you had going to pre-med school, I didn’t want to worry about that because I had struggled already getting to college and didn’t want to struggle beyond that. I figure with teaching there’s a passion to that that you’re helping somebody else out. Sometimes whether or not the need is there you always somehow end up helping one kid and that’s what I enjoy about it.”

Wingspan: “So what was your first day at liberty like?”

Escoto: “It was fun like i said. I actually had a good day that day different than what I was used to but it was a fun day for me.”