Donata+Bova-Ford

Donata Bova-Ford

Name: Donata Bova-Ford

Grade: 12th

Future College: not sure yet, won’t know until March

Future Job: broadway/movie actress

Years in Theater: 10 years

Inspiration: my twin sister, Damiana

Favorite Actor: I have too many but my favorite one as of right now is Rob Lowe

Wingspan: Do you do any sort of theater outside of school or any special kind in school?

Ford: “I go to Ohlook Performing Arts Center in Grapevine Texas. I am in a masterclass which means I compete with other theatre companies!”

Wingspan: What made you want to choose to do theater?

Ford: “I just feel like I have to do it. I can’t imagine doing anything else with my life, I was called to do this.”

Wingspan: How does theater impact your daily life?

Ford: “It inspires me to be the best version of myself. Without theatre I truly don’t know how I’d be. It has allowed me to meet my very best friends. I will forever be thankful for that.”

Wingspan: Are you considering continuing theater beyond high school? Why?

Ford: “Yes I am! I am applying to 20 colleges in hope of pursuing musical theatre! And again I want to continue my artist journey because without it I just don’t feel like myself. When I’m on stage I feel whole and satisfied with life.”

Wingspan: What are your personal goals for this year?

Ford: “One of my personal goals is to learn how to manage my theatre life and just my daily life, such as school. I tend to overwhelm myself a lot which leads to me not doing the best I can in everything. So I am slowly learning how to manage work and just life all together.”

Wingspan: What is your favorite thing about theater?

Ford: “My favorite thing is literally everyone in the department. Everyone is super talented and have so much love for the art we create on the Liberty stage. They truly inspire me and I have so much love for them.”

Wingspan: Do you audition/enjoy the plays that the school puts on?

Ford: “Yes! The shows I have done here at Liberty High School such as Little Women and Singin In The Rain have been the best shows I’ve ever been in. Again it all comes from the love I feel from others on the stage with me. They are such an inspiration.”

Wingspan: What’s your favorite memory of theater?

Ford: “My favorite memory of theatre at Liberty high school would have to be doing Wayside Stories in Theatre 3/4 my sophomore year. That show was so much fun and the seniors that year were hilarious. Through that class I created a close bond with them. Every day in that class was a fun day!”

Wingspan: What is your advice to anybody thinking about joining theater?

Ford: “There are no people like theatre people. That’s just the truth. Our department here at Liberty High School is crazy, fun, but most of all loving. If you are looking for a safe place to explore or just to have fun then you have to join Liberty Theatre!”

Wingspan: What is your favorite thing you have done in theater?

Ford: “I honestly love everything I’ve done in theatre but my favorite thing has to be going to Ihop with the whole cast after shows. The feeling of being with everyone I love after we just put on a beautiful show is amazing. There is truly nothing like it.”