Buffet of choices at Wednesday’s Club Fair

The annual informational Club Fair will take place Wednesday during advisory period and all lunches, with most of the 40-plus clubs active on campus on hand to help students find potential organizations of interest.

“There’s going to be a bunch of clubs there,” counselor Staci Stokes said. “If students are looking for a club to get involved in, then they should be able to get some information about a variety of different organizations here at Liberty. This is an opportunity for current students who want to find ways to get involved more, and it’s a great way for new students to get connected, because we get a lot of new students and freshman every year. ”

The Club Fair allows new students to check out ways to get involved on campus.

“I’m glad that they’re showing that clubs have a way to get connected instead of having to go out and search for them,” freshman Jai Dunlop said. “The Club Fair puts them in a more open setting, so you don’t look very far. I like that in this day and age there are still different ways that people can bond together.”

Whether a student is interested in community service or just wants to make some new friends, the Club Fair provide details on various clubs.

“The great thing about Liberty is that there are a ton of opportunities to get involved through clubs,” Big Brothers and Big Sisters sponsor Mackenzi Epps said. “So if you have an interest, you can find a club and connect with like-minded people who share your interests, whether that’s community service, Ted Talks, Key Club, or Big Brothers and Big Sisters. All of those things help you to get involved, and help you to find more students who are like-minded and have the same goals that you do. We hope that everybody participates and finds a place to get plugged in.”