District play winding down as Redhawks host Wakeland

Senior Night for girls' basketball team

Getting+ready+to+lay+the+ball+in+sophomore+Myson+Huff%2C+avoids+a+Centennial+defender+earlier+this+season.+Both+the+boys%27+teams+and+girls%27+teams+are++in+action+against+Wakeland+Friday+at+The+Nest+on+Senior+Night+for+the+girls.+The+girls+take+the+court+at+6+p.m.+with+the+boys%27+game+immediately+following.+

Getting ready to lay the ball in sophomore Myson Huff, avoids a Centennial defender earlier this season. Both the boys' teams and girls' teams are  in action against Wakeland Friday at The Nest on Senior Night for the girls. The girls take the court at 6 p.m. with the boys' game immediately following.

Getting ready to lay the ball in sophomore Myson Huff, avoids a Centennial defender earlier this season. Both the boys' teams and girls' teams are in action against Wakeland Friday at The Nest on Senior Night for the girls. The girls take the court at 6 p.m. with the boys' game immediately following.

Amelia Jauregui

Amelia Jauregui

Amelia Jauregui

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

Seniors are the theme for the girls’ basketball team as it celebrates Senior Night, Friday at 6:00 p.m. against the Wakeland Wolverines, with the Redhawks honoring nine players set to graduate on the last day of May.

“Something I’ve learned from being in the Liberty basketball program is to soak in every moment and cherish your time with others,” senior Kelsey Kurak said. “This last home game is really bittersweet to me. I’m obviously sad it’s our last game we get to play at Liberty, but also very excited for the future.”

The boys take the court against Wakeland immediately following the girls, with the team seeking to add to their seven game winning streak.

“Coming off our win from Centennial and having such a long winning streak behind us we never want to take games lightly,” junior Micaiah Abi said. “It’s important to show out and put points on the board. Being a home game always helps our energy too.”