Wade Glover

For the 2019-20 school year, presidential candidates have started campaigning for the election that will begin on Thursday, April 9, 2019. Voting will close on Friday, April 12, 2019 at 4:15 p.m.

Meet the candidates

April 9, 2019

The era of senior Student Council president Wade Glover is coming to a close as the candidates for 2019-2020 are campaigning to replace Glover. On Thursday and Friday, students will be casting their votes for one of two juniors: Emma Hancock or Rileigh Horcher. In their own words, each candidate shares their vision and why they want to be the next StuCo president.

Emma Hancock

Wingspan: What are your goals as student body president?

Hancock: “I am really excited for this opportunity to run. One of my goals would be just to unite the student body. I know that we are all in different places and different activities doing different things, but it’s just awesome when we come together and it just creates an awesome school spirit and just makes school more fun. I would really love to promote that. I’m also really big on servant leadership so I will do my best to be there for anyone who needs me and I recognize that, if given this position, it’s not about me, it’s not about what I can get out of it I’m doing it for the student body.”

Wingspan: What sets you apart from the other candidate?

Hancock: “Well, Rileigh and I are really good friends, so we’re excited to be running together but one thing that might set me apart a little bit from Riley is I really just enjoy all types of people and I just enjoy being friends with everyone, basically. I think that there is greater benefit in being friends with everybody and having connections with every person in a group and it just makes you feel more connected at school or in any specific activity and so I think that that can lend itself to school connectivity just if I can promote more connectivity and intermixing of different types of people from different backgrounds and different activities it just makes for an awesome school environment.”

Wingspan: How would you help better foster school spirit?

Hancock: “Student Council is recognized as a leadership organization and I think we are looked up to as such so I think that Student Council has the ability to influence the school and when student council shows the enthusiasm and the support and excitement for school events then it is my hope that it would spread to the student body and that everyone would get excited.”