Homecoming hypes up hundreds of students

Emma Hancock

The annual Homecoming dance was Saturday, Sept. 28, 2019, from 7:30 to 10 p.m. With the theme being “High School Hype”, approximately 400 tickets were sold to the dance.

Yael Even, Managing Editor

With over 400 tickets sold, students flooded the gym for the annual Homecoming dance on Saturday from 7:30 to 10 p.m.

“I thought this year’s homecoming was so fun,” senior Lauren Ransom said via text. “The dance was a blast and the music was really good. The games were super fun and it was a good touch to the dance.” 

Attending the dance every year, senior Dorothy Collier believes this year’s dance lived up to its theme of “High School Hype.”

“I really liked the dance,” Collier said via text. “I liked how the DJ looked more official than the other years and he was also very into it. It was a good vibe. After going for 4 years, the dance improved in their shoe system by making it much simpler, the DJ was better. It was overall more chill and therefore more fun.”

Student council plans Homecoming every year, and member junior Caitlin Eder thinks all the hard work was worth it.

“Student Council did a great job of planning and executing the homecoming setup and the dance,” Eder said. “I think all the hard work paid off, both for ourselves and for the people that got to attend homecoming. I think the dance was a fun experience for everyone that attended, and everyone got involved which was cool.”

Student council started planning months in advance, leading Eder and her peers to feel prepared for the dance itself.

“I think the plans were very efficient and paid off,” Eder said. “Homecoming was advertised a bunch ahead of time, and the students and staff got to make the most of the experience.”

A DJ made an appearance every year, yet this year’s DJ Brandon Sampson had students out of their element. 

“This year’s homecoming was different in the sense that the DJ was really fun and got the crowd engaged and dancing,” Eder said. “As well as the new additions to the setup enhanced the dance itself.”