The number of people in American that have cut out gluten from their diet has been rising over the years. Among those saying goodbye to gluten is staff reporter Ashvita Girish and  in this new, weekly blog, she will provide recipes and her take on whether it's worth making or not.

The number of people in American that have cut out gluten from their diet has been rising over the years. Among those saying goodbye to gluten is staff reporter Ashvita Girish and in this new, weekly blog, she will provide recipes and her take on whether it's worth making or not.

Goodbye Gluten

About 3.1 million people around the United States follow a gluten-free diet. One of the main reasons for a gluten-free diet is celiac disease: an autoimmune disorder that affects the small intestine and is caused by a reaction to gluten, proteins found in wheat and other grains. 

Despite the fact that celiac disease only affects 1 percent of healthy Americans, many families, including mine, follow a gluten-free diet for their general health. 

Avoiding gluten can have numerous health benefits. Gluten is hard to digest and will affect the lining of your small intestine, more commonly associated with people with celiac disease. The small intestine is where all nutrient absorption happens. When gluten is cut from your diet, the lining will start to repair itself and your overall health may improve. 

So each week, Goodbye Gluten will provide a gluten-free recipe for you to try. Happy gluten-free eating.

Good Bye Gluten: masaman curry
Goodbye Gluten: Mysore Pak
 Goodbye Gluten: zesty soup for the soul
Goodbye Gluten: Carol Fenster’s eggplant roll ups
Pizza
Chocolate raspberry chiffon tart
Blueberry muffins
Chocolate cake
Peppermint brownies

WINGSPAN • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in