Filed under A&E, Reviews

Review: A macaron must

For those who have never tried one before, Chelle’s is the perfect place for them to eat their first macaron.

Tiffany Zhang

Whether a person is a fan of macarons or never heard of one, Chelle’s Macarons in Plano is a must stop for bakery fans. Chelle’s macarons can be found at their kitchen, The Craft Kitchen, or their new storefront, located in the Dallas Farmers Market. They are also occasionally found at various farmers markets including the Dallas Farmers Market, Richardson Farmers Market, and the Carrollton Farmers Market.

For those who have never tried one before, Chelle’s is the perfect place for them to eat their first macaron. As customers first walk into the bakery, they will be greeted with a welcoming atmosphere, along with the smell of baked sweets. There are no tables or chairs, since the shop is technically nothing more than a kitchen which offers pickup and takeout orders.

The colorful “macs” (a nickname given by employees of Chelle’s for “macarons”), are set up perfectly in the display. They are lined up with labels of all their flavors, along with a “Free Samples” sign on the top.

As for the macaron itself, most of them were delicious. However, one flavor in particular didn’t taste as good as the others: the Cookie Dough macaron. Although the bright blue color might attract a buyer, the actual taste of it was another story. The macaron was too sweet and had more of a birthday cake taste rather than cookie dough.

The Fruity Pebbles macaron was very unique, with the cream inside containing actual pieces of Fruity Pebbles. The taste was perfect and not too sweet.

The “Mac Pac”, a long box with a dozen macarons inside for $20, may seem like a pretty high price for a box of 12 small goods, but the quality and taste of the product makes it worth the money. There is also a “Mini Mac Pac” which features 6 macs inside for $11 per box. Customers can pick any flavors they want or they can choose from Chelle’s pre-assorted Mac Pacs. Not all the wonderful flavors can be absorbed by many different colors, shapes, and sizes.

Whatever your taste, Chelle’s Macarons is the perfect place to go if you are looking for a place to satisfy your sweet tooth.