Spring dual credit registration opens Wednesday

Alicia Hernandez

Alicia Hernandez, WTV Staff Reporter

Frisco ISD offers dual credit courses for Collin College and University of North Texas as an opportunity for students to earn high school and college credit. Students can sign up for fall and spring courses, for students such as senior Kelsey Madden, signing up for the dual credit spring semester is a great way for academic growth.

“I think it’s really important that students can sign up for dual credit just because its another good opportunity than just Pre-AP or on level.” Madden said. “It’s just another type of class you can do especially if you either go to the campus or there’s also an opportunity where professors can come to you, so you can do it here at liberty, which is what I’m doing and I’m doing government, world literature and economics, so there’s definitely a lot but I really like doing it.”

Madden also finds dual credit useful for college applications.

“I’m signing up for dual credit on the spring because I think it’s a realy good advantage to have whenever I start applying to colleges because dual credit in Collin just helps a lot during that process,” Madden said.

The spring semester registration for dual credit opens October 27 at 8 AM, and closes December 1 at 7 PM. Students must also submit the Frisco ISD permission form by November 10 at 4 PM.