• April 26 is a bad weather make-up day (if needed)
  • Prom tickets are on sale, and the dance is on April 13

Redhawks migrate over holiday season

As winter break approaches on Friday, the anticipation of a well-deserved rest from school fills the air of high school campuses nationwide. Students eagerly make plans to unwind and recharge during this holiday season. 

From tropical escapes to scenic mountain retreats, Redhawks are set to soar beyond the nest, exploring the diverse landscapes that await them.

“I am heading to Louisiana for the first time as my father had to travel for work, and he thought it would be a great opportunity for us to take a little trip together,” sophomore Rupal Shirpurkar said. “I’m not entirely sure about our specific plans, the idea is to explore and try new things, taking in the sights and experiences that Louisiana has to offer.” 

Similarly, sophomore Catalina Landauro is also visiting a neighboring state, traveling to Oklahoma this holiday season. 

“This winter break, my destination is Oklahoma, a place I haven’t visited before, although a few family members have,” Landauro said. “We are going on this trip because some extended family members and I wanted to spend time together at a nearby cabin. During our stay, our plans include hiking, playing board games, relaxing, and sightseeing. I’m excited about exploring the local sights and appreciating the landscape. I’ve been to a cabin next to the mountains before and it was amazing. So I’m excited to see that again!”

This poll has ended.

Will you be traveling over winter break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

While a tropical getaway might not be the initial choice for everyone considering a winter vacation, sophomore Reyna Gannamani is set to break away from tradition, choosing an international trip to Punta Cana for her holiday escape.

“I am excited about my trip to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, this will be my first time traveling there,” Gannamani said. “Our decision to travel during this holiday season is a tradition for us, as we typically explore different places in winter. Last year, we enjoyed a trip to Spain. While we aren’t completely sure what we will be doing on our trip, we are staying in an all-inclusive hotel and are taking advantage of the opportunities in it. Also, we might go on a seaquarium adventure and have fun. I am looking forward to swimming in the ocean and relaxing from school.” 

This holiday season, sophomore Ayush Dane is immersing himself in a winter filled with nostalgia as he visits his hometown in India. 

“During the winter break, I am visiting my hometown, Pune, in Maharashtra,” sophomore Ayush Dane said. “Having lived in Pune for a decade, this trip holds sentimental value as I plan to revisit familiar places, including my parents’ hometown, temples, and reconnect with people. It has become a tradition for me to travel to India during the winter break, providing an opportunity to spend quality time with my family and immerse myself in the culture.