Ticket kiosk provides new options for students and staff

Trying out the ticket kiosk school receptionist Angee Bright will benefit from the new system. “The kiosk alleviates a lot for me,” Bright said. “I have multiple things to do here at the desk, and I always have to stop and get out tickets. It’s going to take a lot of pressure off of me.”

In a partnership with Toyota Stadium, the school district has installed ticket kiosks in the front office of every high school that allow students and faculty to buy tickets for football games and other events at Toyota Stadium.

Athletics and the fine arts provide a great display for our students,” Frisco ISD Project Manager of Ticketing and Corporate Sponsorships Brent Reese said. “They put so much time in preparation and I want to help create a convenient way to purchase tickets to showcase our talented students and also to promote our small town feel.”

The newly installed FISD ticket kiosk located in the front office will allow ticket to be bought for any FISD football game in Frisco or any event at Toyota Stadium.

Before the addition of the ticket kiosk, tickets were purchased by students for $3 at school or $7 at the stadium before the game. The tickets were sold in the cafeteria during lunches or could be purchased from the school receptionist, Angee Bright.

“The kiosk alleviates a lot for me,” Bright said. “I have multiple things to do here at the desk, and I always have to stop and get out tickets. It’s going to take a lot of pressure off of me.”

In addition to creating a convenient place for purchase, the kiosk accepts credit cards, as opposed to the past, when students could only purchase tickets with cash. Along with the kiosk, community members can buy tickets online, meaning students can make their purchases at home, instead of just at school.

“The kiosk will benefit the students because they can use their cards if they don’t have cash on them, which I know a lot of students actually don’t carry cash anymore,” senior Arman Kafai said. “They can actually purchase tickets online, so that will be important because a lot of students forget to get tickets at school, so they’re stuck paying $7 at the door.”

The kiosk is not restricted to football tickets, the kiosk allows students to buy tickets for all events at Toyota Stadium.

“A lot of us go to concerts, so a lot of us use websites such as Live Nation for Gexa concerts,” Kafai said. “So I think students should use the kiosk for concerts.”

What's the best feature about the new FISD ticket kiosk?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.