• Graduation rehearsal Thursday after school in the gym

• No school Monday, May 29 (Memorial Day)

• No school Friday (May 26 - bad weather make-up day)

• June 2 is the last day of school

• Class of 2017 graduation is June 3 at the Dr Pepper Arena at 1:30 p.m.

Review: Nerdvana

Staff reporter Dea Mallika-Divi reviews newly opened Nerdvana, a cafe that is the ideal place for those who like games with their food.

Dea-Mallika Divi

Dea-Mallika Divi, Staff Reporter

Kristy Pitchford’s dream of a video game coffee shop lounge is now a reality with the opening of Frisco’s Square’s Nerdvana on Main Street with the essence of the cafe found in the games that will appeal to customers of all ages.

Featuring kid friendly games such as UNO, there are also games suited for teens including: The Legend of Zelda Monopoly, Forbidden Desert and Island, Star Wars X-Wing, Lord of The Rings: The Card Game and many others.

While the games are a major part of the cafe, the food and drinks are also important. Although they offer the basic lattes, Americanos, coffee drips and juices, they offer a unique drink called sipping chocolate that is worth trying.

They use chocolate mousse and blend it together with warm milk. It sounds almost like chocolate milk but it tastes very different. It is creamier and tastes like soft and smooth melted chocolate rather than just a combination of milk and chocolate. When you first take a sip, the taste of chocolate fills your mouth through the froth. Then comes the actual chocolate mix that burns your tongue at just the right temperature.

Also worth trying, is the Grilled Veggie Panini with provolone and pesto on multigrain.  It offers the perfect balance of crunchy and chewy. The toasted bread offers a crunch while sauted vegetables and melted cheese give the panini a soft and chewy aspect. When you bite into the combination of the bread and cooked vegetables with the cheese melting in your mouth leaves you craving for more.

The vibe of Nerdvana is cozy with high ceilings and warm slightly dimmed lighting creating a comfortable atmosphere. There is also outdoor seating, however it’s right along Main Street and the sound of cars passing by can sometimes overpower the conversation and disrupt the cozy atmosphere originally created.

Although the atmosphere is great and the food is amazing, the prices might be a bit high for some. But other than what some may consider high prices, Nerdvana provides a nice hangout spot for those who enjoy gaming.