• 14 wrestlers advance to this weekend's regional meet at Independence High School

• Swim team takes part in state meet Friday and Saturday in Austin

• Girls' basketball began playoff run with 51-42 win Monday against McKinney North

• The WTV Daily Update named Student Television Network Southwest Regional Broadcast Excellence winner for Best Daily Taped Show

Senior sadness

Cole Engelbrecht, Guest Contributor

The end of the school year is here and while most students have been more than ready for it to be over, for seniors, there are some mixed emotions.

“It’s very bittersweet,” senior Savan Reddy said. “I’m really excited for college and to experience new things, and on the other hand i’m really sad that i will be leaving some of my closest friends. Four years of high school flew by so fast and now we only have four weeks left.”

Some students dwell on going their separate ways from friends they’ve grown up with, but going to college or moving on to other endeavors is something they also look forward to.

“I’m going to miss so many teachers and friends but at the same time, I’m going to further my education and go to college,” senior Daniel Osorio said. “I’m extremely excited to go to college to have a new experience and learn how it is to live on your own.”

While some find it hard to move on from high school, adjusting to a new environment can be easier than it seems.

“It’s really not that hard to adjust you just have to learn to wrap your day around your school schedule,” class of 2016 graduate Payam Zamariri said. “Socially as well you will meet lots of new people and experience a lot of new things such as big football games, basketball games, etc., so the social experience is very fun, but you have to know how to balance your studies and social life in order to do good.”