• Thanksgiving Break Nov. 20-24

• Wingspan named a 2018 CSPA Digital Crown finalist for third year in a row

Filed under News

School attendance zones for 2018-19 under discussion Monday

Academic and athletic accomplishments also to be honored

Along+with+community+feedback+regarding+the+preliminary+2018-19+attendance+zones%2C+Monday%27s+school+board+meeting+with+also+honor+the+school%27s+state+championship+cross+country+team+and+National+Merit+Semifinalists.+
Along with community feedback regarding the preliminary 2018-19 attendance zones, Monday's school board meeting with also honor the school's state championship cross country team and National Merit Semifinalists.

Perry Mellone

Perry Mellone

The Frisco ISD Board of Trustees is holding its monthly meeting at the FISD Administration Building on Monday. The meeting will begin at 5:30 p.m., then go into a closed session and reopen for the public at 7:30 p.m.

We are really looking at rezoning from two perspectives now,”

— FISD Deputy Superintendent of Business Services Todd Fouche

The main focus of this month’s meeting, according to FISD website, is to discuss draft attendance zone modifications for areas south of Main Street, and finalize the zones presented in the October meeting.

“We’ve always looked at rezoning in the past from one perspective: how do we relieve overcrowded schools,” FISD Deputy Superintendent of Business Services Todd Fouche said at the October meeting.  “We are really looking at rezoning from two perspectives now. One is how do we relieve overcrowded schools and other is how do we best utilize the existing space we have at other schools in the district. So, in the past you might have seen a student being rezoned and going to a new school and in the future you might see a student get rezoned and go to an existing school.”

Along with a discussion centered around attendance zones for the 2018-19 school year, more than a dozen Redhawks will be recognized for both academic and athletic achievements.

National Merit Semifinalists will be one of the groups announced at the start of the meeting, with 17 of the 43 being from the school.

To bring it home to Liberty where this is the first state team championship is just incredible,”

— head girls cross country coach Amanda Zambiasi

“If I get to be a finalist, that’ll be a lot of financial aid depending on what college I’m want to go to,” senior Daniel Woods said in September. “It opens a lot of doors that may have not been open before so I can get aid from potentially more colleges.”

The girls’ cross country team will also be honored for their 5A state championship.

“Words cannot describe it. It’s an exciting feeling, proud,” head girls cross country coach Amanda Zambiasi said after the meet. “The girls just did such an amazing job all season and to be able to bring home such a huge success and then to be able to bring it home to Liberty where this is the first state team championship is just incredible.”