Mandatory meeting Thursday for Red Rhythm tryouts

Provided by Mallory Kalka

Students interested in trying out for Red Rhythm must attend a mandatory meeting with their parent at 6 p.m. Thursday in the lecture hall.

Brelyn Bashrum, Guest Contributor

There is a mandatory tryouts meeting for Red Rhythm potential candidates Thursday from 6-7 p.m. in the Lecture Hall.

“The tryout process is very important for the candidates to get a feel for the team,” captain Karley Dykes said. “Once it’s time for tryouts, they’ll be prepared, and they’ll have a whole week to work on the material and get ready to tryout for the team.”

Both a parent and the candidate are required to attend, since they will be learning important information regarding the team and the tryout process in general.

“We’re basically just reviewing the tryout information so they know when tryouts are and where and what to wear to them,” director Nicole Nothe said. “We’ll then talk about drill team in general; what each season looks like for us, and review the costs and important dates.”

First Lieutenant Mallory Kalka remembers when she first auditioned as an incoming freshman and how much she has advanced since then.

“It’s really cool to look back and seeing how far you’ve come,” Kalka said. “When I first joined the team, I was new to dance. Now as an officer, I’ve gotten to see how much I’ve improved, and how much drill team improves you as a dancer and as a person.”