Say it Louder: Changing my mind about dating in high school

Whether+its+something+about+school%2C+being+a+student%2C+or+a+social+issue%2C+columnist+Emma+Cramption+tries+to+make+sure+her+message+is+heard+in+her+weekly+column+Say+it+Louder.+

Whether it’s something about school, being a student, or a social issue, columnist Emma Cramption tries to make sure her message is heard in her weekly column “Say it Louder”.

Back in September, I wrote a column titled “Dating in high school is pointless.” In this column, I discussed about how I thought that there was no point to being in a committed relationship while in high school.

Now, being in a committed relationship, my mindset has very much changed.

In the previous columns, I did make some valid points as to why high school relationships don’t typically work out. However, I used a lot of “most of the time” and talked about how successful high school couples are “possible but rare.”

I never said it was impossible.

Now, I realize that all it takes is to find someone with the same dating mindset as you. The reason I tend to bash on high school relationships in my other article was most likely because I had only experienced negativity in the dating field up until now.

The fact that my opinion has so drastically shifted in just a few months shows how far a simple change in perspective will go. Expanding your horizons and actually experiencing something from the other side will change a lot about your outlook in any situation.