Review: North Italia brings fresh to the table

North+Italia%27s+margherita+pizza+includes+mozzarella%2C+fresh+basil%2C+olive+oil%2C+and+red+sauce.+

North Italia's margherita pizza includes mozzarella, fresh basil, olive oil, and red sauce.

Prachurjya Shreya, Staff Reporter

North Italia is an Italian restaurant where is everything is made from scratch. The first thing that catches customers’ eyes is the glass wall kitchen. Although this is located in the back of the restaurant, it pops out because of the set up of the kitchen and the busy nature of the cooks. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable about the menu, and the menu consists of many options ranging from pastas and salads to main course meals such as the short ribs and scallops.

Upon walking in, the staff greets you and typically gives you a waiting time, if you don’t have a reservation. On the weekdays, the wait time is not too bad; however on the weekends, the wait time is pretty long. One night, I went on a Saturday night and the wait time was one hour and 15 minutes. But in my opinion, the food is definitely worth the wait time.

I’ve been to the restaurant on a few different occasions. The first time I ordered the margherita pizza, which consists of mozzarella, fresh basil, olive oil, and red sauce. The pizza was light and lacked the typical grease of other pizzas.  It was very light and easy to finish. It was also shareable, if there is a larger party size.

The second time, I ordered the strozzapreti pasta. This pasta consisted of chicken, roasted mushrooms, spinach, toasted pine nut, and parmesan cream. I personally had never tasted pasta like this before. I think the unique parmesan cream made the pasta have a distinct taste. The pasta was very fulfilling but had all healthy ingredients.

On my most recent visit, I decided to try the roasted salmon. The salmon is on the pricier side, costing $20 for quite a small portion. The salmon comes with a white bean ragu. The white bean ragout made the salmon much more flavorful. However I must say even though the portion was on the smaller side, it still was very filling.

What blows my mind about this restaurant is how all the food is made with fresh and healthy ingredients, and still manages to fill me up, but not to the point where it’s too much. Although the prices may be on the higher end, the quality of the food and service is worth the price.

Prachurjya Shreya, Managing Editor

Shreya is a senior and this is her fourth year in wingspan. As a senior, she finds almost everyone annoying and hates when underclassmen accidentally touch...