Theatre offers fake wounds to raise real funds

Sarah Philips

Students receive hauntingly seasonal face paint styled by the members of the Theatre department.

Henry Youtt, Managing Editor

The theatre department held its annual Wound Clinic Friday before school and during all lunches to raise money to fund props, set design, and other materials for the upcoming production season. Using their skills in stage makeup, advanced theatre students constructed fake wounds directly on students’ skin, incorporating liquid latex, fake blood, and different powders into the crafting.

“The clinic is a great way to raise money and get students in the Halloween spirit,” senior theatre student Bekah McMaster said. “Also, we are glad that it gives the theatre students good practice on doing makeup for in the future when they do it for plays.”

Some students bought gory wounds while others opted for partial face paint such as a black cat.

The theatre troupe also offered Halloween-inspired face paint, with designs including flowers, vampire teeth, pumpkins, and cat faces. Additionally, seasonal cookies were sold at lunches to further fuel the department’s budget.

The next theatre production is titled Epic Proportions, a comedy set in the Arizona desert, which will open in January.