Cookie exchange makes teachers’ days sweeter

Prachurjya Shreya, Managing Editor

• Math teacher Kelli Duckworth attends the cookie exchange and lunch held in the library. Besides many deserts that were offered, the teachers were also offered food. This annual event is a way to show appreciation to the teachers.

• Lines of cupcakes and cookies filled the library tables. The assortment of baked goods was provided by students and parents.

• Many teachers filled to go boxes with baked goods. The goods were provided by students and parents.

• Although the event is called “cookie exchange,” there were also cupcakes. Different flavored cupcakes provided teachers with a variety of baked goods.

To kick off holiday festivities, teachers were invited to the library Thursday during third period for the annual cookie exchange and lunch hosted by the PTSA.

“I think it’s awesome,” Spanish teacher Ashli Taquino said. “We look forward to it every year and it just really helps kickoff you know the break so it’s awesome.”

PTSA members plan this event with the help of parents students.

“There’s a person on the PTSA board,” PTSA member Ancy Philips said. “That’s a hospitality share. And she basically set up a sign up genius and talked to the board. And we all work together to try to get people to volunteer students for the cookies and of course, parents for the food.”

Although there is lunch, Taquino looks forward to the cookie change.

“Teachers appreciate every part but I think people get super excited about the cookie exchange,” Taquino said. “It’s pretty sweet.”

The purpose of the event is to show teachers that the community appreciates what teachers do.

“We just wanted the teachers and the staff to feel appreciated because they do so much for the children and the families,” Philips said. “Every year we’ve been doing this for them. So this being a combined effort of students and parents working together to appreciate the staff. We just want them to feel know that we’re so grateful for what they do.”