Shutting down the Raccoons

Photo from @RedhawksWrestle used with permission

Being put to the test on Thursday, wrestling dominated with the boys’ team winning 42-39 and the girls’ team earning a 50-6 win.

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

Boys’ and girls’ wrestling traveled to Frisco High School on Thursday to go head to head against the Raccoons in a dual meet with the boys’ team winning 42-39 and the girls’ team earning a 50-6 win.

“I think we did awesome,” senior Austin Widner said. “Our heavier weights really pulled through, and Precious got his 100th varsity win to secure us the dual, which is a huge milestone for him. We’re going to have a lot of momentum going to Keller this weekend and I can’t wait.”

Boys’ wrestling is competing in the Takedown Alzheimer’s Classic Saturday at Keller High School while girls are traveling to The Colony High School, to take on multiple schools in the Lady Cougar Classic.

“This is the first time we are going to this tournament so I don’t know what to expect,” senior Jordan Johnston said. “but there are some pretty good teams that are coming so I’m expecting it to be a good tournament. I’m aiming to win the tournament individually and as a team as well.”