Wrestling in the winter

Wrestling+will+have+a+busy+winter+break+as+they+compete+in+the+annual+annual+Santa+Slam+and+Mrs.+Claus+Slam+Tournament.++The+competition+will+be+one+of+the+toughest%2C+but+the+team+is+read.+

Wrestling in the winter

Wrestling will have a busy winter break as they compete in the annual annual Santa Slam and Mrs. Claus Slam Tournament.  The competition will be one of the toughest, but the team is read.

Wrestling will have a busy winter break as they compete in the annual annual Santa Slam and Mrs. Claus Slam Tournament. The competition will be one of the toughest, but the team is read.

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

A busy winter break is ahead for wrestling as they kick off their holiday break with the 17th annual Santa Slam and Mrs. Claus Slam Tournament starting at 10:00 a.m. Saturday at Coppell High School.

“I think we have a really solid team right now and that we should be able to do pretty well at this tournament,” junior Daley Burkett said. “There are a lot 6A schools and schools from our district that are going to be there so we’ll have some good competition.”

With the season still in its early stages, the Christmas themed tournament is set to be one of the toughest competitions of the year with teams all across the state making an appearance.

“Hopefully we get first because we have a lot of good guys this year,” senior Bryce Wilson said. “This is a big tournament for us, so if we do well here it will give us momentum to do well in upcoming tournaments.”

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

Catie Reeves is a junior and is starting her third year in Wingspan, her first as Sports Editor. She is a part of cross country and track and you will...