Vertical art show opening at admin building

The Frisco ISD Administration building will be home to the Vertical Art Show from Thursday to March 19. The show will feature artwork from students who feed into Lebanon Trail and Liberty.

Noah Servigon

Noah Servigon

Noah Servigon

Aaron Boehmer, Sports Editor

Works of art will paint the halls of the Frisco ISD Administration building starting on Thursday and continuing until March 19 in the annual Vertical Art Show.

“The district puts it on every year and its where the schools that feed into Liberty also show with us, so you can see the progression of art from the elementary level, middle school level, all the way up to the highschool level,” art teacher Pernie Fallon said. “Students that will be feeding into Liberty can see what they have to look forward to in art class and the level that their skill will be taken to. The students get excited and are really impressed with the artwork. They want to be able to draw like the high school students do, and so it inspires them.”

Not only does the event encourage incoming students on campus, but also instills confidence in current art students, such as sophomore Virginia Tyndal.

“It gives me validation that my works are worthy enough to go to some sort of showcase,” she said. “It also tells me the kind of work others appreciate.”

Aaron Boehmer, Sports Editor

Aaron Boehmer is a sophomore and in his second year of working on the Wingspan staff. He is also in his second year of playing for the school’s soccer...