Final window to change 2019-20 schedules opening soon

Lucas Barr

Applications are due Friday for students wanting to apply for the Spanish Honor Society. To be eligible, students must have completed their first semester of Spanish 3, be in the 10th grade or higher, and have maintained A averages in Spanish.

Kanz Bitar, Guest Contributor

The long process of class registration for 2019-2020 that began in January, is about to hit its endgame with student’s having one final chance to change their schedule beginning on April 15 and continuing until May 1.

“Really you can change anything up to May 1,” Kiefer said. “After May 1, there will be no more changes, no level changes like from on-level to AP or pre-AP or AP to on-level, you won’t be able to make alternate changes elective changes. The only thing you could possible change is athletics if you had an injury and therefore couldn’t go into athletics and stuff like that but besides that no more elective changes no more level changes after May 1.”

This final registration window allows students time to re-think their first choices.

“I think it’s a good opportunity to have the chance to change my schedule,” junior Shryia Bellur said. “Because within the time that we had to submit it until now, I’ve been able to get a lot more opinions on the teachers and the class as a whole which has changed my opinion about the class a lot.”

Students such as junior Megan Ward appreciate the upcoming two week window to adjust their schedules.

“I am very thankful for this opportunity to change my schedule one last time before the upcoming school year,” Ward said. “When I first picked classes for my senior year, I feel as though I gave myself too heavy of a work load. Now, I am able to make final changes that I feel good about.”