2019-2020 StuCo candidates for president named

Juniors Emma Hancock and Rileigh Horcher are the two candidates for the 2020-2021 school year's Student Body president. Voting is set to begin Thursday, April 11th.

Campaigning for the position of 2019-20 Student Council president has begun as the top five finalists presented their speeches to the StuCo class on Friday, with two, juniors Emma Hancock and Rileigh Horcher, emerging as the presidential candidates with voting set to begin Thursday, April 11th.

“My main goals as student body president would definitely be to create a unity in the campus and to make every single person that walks in the doors every morning felt invited,” Horcher said. “And to recognize different groups of people, different clubs, different grade levels and just make everyone feel excited to be at this school and to be a part of the school spirit.”

Hancock has similar goals in regards to school spirit.

“I’m really excited for this opportunity to run,” Hancock said. “One of my goals would be just to unite the student body. I know that we’re all in different places and different activities, doing different things but it’s just awesome when we come together and it just creates an awesome school spirit, and just make school more fun. I would really love to promote that.”

The remaining three candidates, Tristan Maravilla, Yael Even, and Caitlyn Schroeder will be secretaries for the 2019-20 school year.

“I think the STUCO speeches went awesome today,” student council sponsor Julie Anderson said. “I think we had five individuals running that their heart is in the right place, they want to make a really positive impact here at Liberty, and they impress me with their vision and their goals for the next year and how they plan to make the school better community for all students.”

Kasey Harvey is a junior and is starting her third year of Wingspan with this being her first as editor-in-chief. She enjoys finding local hotspots whether...