Davidson tees off at state tournament

Sophomore+Raeleigh+Davidson+will+make+her+way+to+the+White+Wing+Golf+Club+on+Monday+and+Tuesday+for+the+UIL+5A+state+golf+tournament.+

Davidson tees off at state tournament

Sophomore Raeleigh Davidson will make her way to the White Wing Golf Club on Monday and Tuesday for the UIL 5A state golf tournament.

Walker Shippy

Walker Shippy

Walker Shippy

Aaron Boehmer, Sports Editor

Competing as an individual, sophomore Raeleigh Davidson is playing in the UIL 5A state golf tournament Monday and Tuesday at White Wing Golf Club in Georgetown.

“I’m feeling OK about the tournament, it was the same course last year so I’ve played it before,” Davidson said. “It’s really different not playing alongside my teammates, but a lot of them are coming down to watch and support, so that is super cool.”

Finishing in third place at the 5A Region II tournament, Davidson believes her hard work is a testament to her drive for improvement as she amps up for state.

“Since regionals I’ve done a lot more wedges and putting,” she said. “My main goals are mainly just placing top 10, making the all state team, and getting more college looks.”