Choosing their own physics project

Choosing their own physics project

Physics students are participating in a nuclear physics project in which they get to choose the assignment they complete. The project offers students the chance to close the year with freedom in what they do.

Yael Even

Yael Even

Yael Even

Yael Even, Staff Reporter

To end the year with a bang, physics students are completing their year with a nuclear physics project that gives students four different options to showcase their learning.

Excited to work with her peers, junior Emma Gallagher already knows what she is doing.

“I’m looking forward to working with a partner,” she said. “I’m doing the partner poster over the bombs in World War ll, and it can benefit me by working with others and grading each other’s posters to learn more.”

With the year almost over, physics teacher Jill Bradshaw is giving students a little more freedom as they have a couple options for what they want to do.

“We have given three options in the past, and Weiland thought of the adding the poster project,” Bradshaw said. “Students work better when they have choices.”

Although it’s a physics class, Bradshaw is looking forward to seeing a new side of students.

“To see students be creative,” she said. “Whenever you give students options, it fosters creativity.”

Junior Emily Forcum says the project is a fitting way to end the year.

“I like having the chance to work on Google Slides,” Forcum said. I think it’s a good way to finish off the year, the project really does give us a variety of options.”

Yael Even, Staff Reporter

Yael Even is a junior starting her second year of Wingspan. She enjoys spending time with friends and family. Yael also likes to keep up with her healthy...