Diving away from off-season workouts

Taking+a+break+from+the+gym+and+the+fieldhouse%2C+girls%E2%80%99+basketball+and+volleyball+headed+to+the+Bruce+Eubanks+Natatorium+on+Friday+to+change+up+their+workouts+and+have+some+fun.%E2%80%9CIt%E2%80%99s+nice+to+have+a+change+of+atmosphere+and+a+different+way+of+working+out+instead+of+running%2C%E2%80%9D+sophomore+Franny+Trezza+said.+%E2%80%9CWe+did+activities+like+relay+races+with+our+friends%2C+so+a+competition+is+always+uber+fun.+This+offseason%2C+we%E2%80%99ve+been+working+extremely+hard+in+the+weight+room%2C+so+going+to+the+natatorium+just+lets+us+loosen+up+and+have+fun.%E2%80%9D+

Taryn Hill

Taking a break from the gym and the fieldhouse, girls’ basketball and volleyball headed to the Bruce Eubanks Natatorium on Friday to change up their workouts and have some fun.“It’s nice to have a change of atmosphere and a different way of working out instead of running,” sophomore Franny Trezza said. “We did activities like relay races with our friends, so a competition is always uber fun. This offseason, we’ve been working extremely hard in the weight room, so going to the natatorium just lets us loosen up and have fun.”

Aaron Boehmer, Sports Editor

Taking a break from the gym and the fieldhouse, girls’ basketball and volleyball headed to the Bruce Eubanks Natatorium on Friday to change up their workouts and have some fun.

“During this testing week, we don’t have any access to gyms and we just got done doing our all sport workouts, so we wanted to sure to mix it up, so the natatorium was a great place to go and just have the kids work out as another option for us,” volleyball coach Taryn Hill said. “I think that they ultimately want to work towards something, so whenever the end of the season comes, they want to be acknowledged in some way and think it’s just a great way to bring them praise for what they’ve done and accomplished.”

Switching things up gives athletes like sophomore Franny Trezza an alternative way of exercising during offseason.

“It’s nice to have a change of atmosphere and a different way of working out instead of running,” sophomore Franny Trezza said. “We did activities like relay races with our friends, so a competition is always uber fun. This offseason, we’ve been working extremely hard in the weight room, so going to the natatorium just lets us loosen up and have fun.”

For sophomore Caitlyn Brown, going to the natatorium serves as a reward after a year of athletics as they get to put in work through competition against fellow teammates.

“Going to the pool with my teammates is so fun because we don’t get to do it often, so when we do, we all just go crazy and have a bunch of fun swimming around,” Brown said. “It’s a reward for us because even though we still do a workout, they’re fun and we get to compete with each other.”