DJ works together with students to choose music for homecoming

Yael Even

Senior Joreal Watts submitting a song request for homecoming. Students can suggest songs to the DJ via the QR code handout.

Yael Even, Managing Editor

Students have the chance to act as part of the Homecoming DJ crew as Student Council is providing a link to request songs at the dance on Sept. 28.

“A new thing that we are excited about is that this year students will be able to submit song requests to our DJ days before the dance,” student body president, senior Emma Hancock, said via text. “Students can submit using a QR code that will be shared on the Student Council social media accounts, passed out at lunches, and posted around the school.”

Yael Even
Students were given a handout at lunch with the QR code to request music they like for homecoming. The dance will be held on September 28 from 7:30 until 10:00 pm.

Senior Claire Oh likes the idea of requesting her favorite songs for the dance.

“I really like the that fact that we can submit songs because then the people who attend will be able to enjoy the dance more,” she said via text. “If the students submit songs I think more people will know the songs.”

The new song submission process may get more students to go according to senior Elly Campbell.

“I think it’s pretty cool because it gives students a say in what new songs they want to hear at the dance,” Campbell said via text. “When students know that they can pick some songs, they know that the song selection would be better than someone else picking them. It  encourages them to go to the dance because they can trust that good music will be played.”