Club Fair provides catalog of choices

Aaron Boehmer, Managing Editor

• Students from all around campus can visit the military fair tomorrow during all lunches. Representatives from U.S. Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Core, Navy and Texas Army National Guard will all be present.

• Mariah Love converses with fellow Redhawks during the club fair. The hallways were filled with students during advisory and all four lunches.

• Red Rhythm organized a poster for their booth at the Club Fair on Tuesday. The event gave students the opportunity to check out clubs and organizations of all types of campus.

• The annual Club Fair is coming to campus Wednesday during advisory. The fair provides students the opportunity to learn about organizations and clubs that can help students become involved on campus.

• Seniors Georgina Brown, Meghan Champagne, and Annie Hawkins pose for a picture as they promote the Young Democrats Society. Like many clubs on campus, YDS and its officers hope to provide a place for all schools of thought to be represented.

Trifolds of information, piles of fliers, and officers from various campus organizations, filled the rotunda and main hallways on Tuesday for the school’s annual Club Fair during advisory and lunches. 

“I felt really happy that I got a lot of members to join my club,” Liberty Lawyer’s Association president, junior Anoushka Majumdar said. “I think the fair was different from years past because there are so many more clubs than the last Club Fair; you can reach out to more people than just your friends, or friends of your friends, but also freshmen or new people to show what your club is about and get them to join.” 

Allowing freshmen and new students to see what clubs on campus have to offer, junior Deva RajeevNair thinks the Club Fair is a good way for students to see what the school has to offer.

“The Club Fair is beneficial for freshmen because you are at a new school and you want to join clubs but you’re not sure which to join, and the club fair is a good opportunity to get exposure to the different clubs and choose which one is good for them,” RajeevNair said. “I was mainly looking for what interests me; creative arts, math, science. I was making sure it will be good for college applications because I’m not going to join clubs where you just play games or sit and talk, but ones that benefit me and my future.” 

Bringing people of various beliefs and interests together, OXFAM officer, senior Shivani Desai believes the Club Fair helped people find community on campus. 

“The Club Fair was really fun seeing all the different clubs and people there, it was really diverse and exciting,” Desai said. “It’s definitely gotten bigger, people are more likely to look into a club or even start one. I think because people are being more open and inclusive about school activities, there are different political clubs and causes to support.”Maria