Senior sunrise shines light on class of 2020

Seniors+who+purchased+the+senior+package+will+be+able+to+visit+the+courtyard+for+food+and+games+for+the+senior+sunrise.+Canes+and+In-n-Out+will+be+provided+to+all+seniors%2C+along+with+possible+raffle+prizes.+

Seniors who purchased the senior package will be able to visit the courtyard for food and games for the senior sunrise. Canes and In-n-Out will be provided to all seniors, along with possible raffle prizes.

Yael Even

Yael Even

Yael Even

Yael Even, Managing Editor

Starting a new tradition on campus, the PTSA is hosting a senior sunrise for the class of 2020 to hang out with their friends in the courtyard from 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. while sophomores and juniors take the PSAT Wednesday. 

“I’m really happy they are doing it,” senior Celia Abdallah said. “I know a lot of schools do it, I think it’s cool we start with the sunrise in the beginning and end with the senior sunset.”

Canes and In-N-Out will be provided on a first come, first serve basis.

“I’m looking forward to hanging out with some of my friends, and eat good food,” senior Arianna Veasley said. “I think it’s going to be really fun, it’s my first year doing this, and just getting the opportunity to experience it.”

Although Wednesday’s sunrise happened at 7:32 a.m., Abdallah doesn’t mind the late start.

“I think it’s a little strange,” Abdallah said. “But if it was at the actual sunrise, I probably wouldn’t go because it’s too early.”

Wednesday’s senior sunrise begins the graduation countdown for senior Gillian Bryant.

“It’s kind of sad, but exciting at the same time,” Bryant said. “I’m ready to graduate and to see where everyone goes.”