Aspiring bakers whip up a new club on campus

Trinity Ramirez

The Baker’s Club offers everything from new recipe ideas to learning simple techniques. The club meets every Thursday in room C143 during advisory.

Yael Even, Managing Editor

Sharing tips on tasty treats, one of the newest organizations on campus is designed to satisfy the sweet tooth of students as the Baker’s Club meets every Thursday during advisory in C143.

“We do anything and everything that involves learning about baking,” club president, junior Trinity Ramirez said. “Whether it be sharing tips, going over recipes, learning techniques, having potlucks, explaining the science of what’s happening, and, of course, occasionally baking.”

Although the district offers culinary classes, Ramirez created the club in hopes of finding others who love to bake just as much.

“I love to bake and wanted to join an organization to be with people who shared that joy,” Ramirez. “There wasn’t one so I took matters into my own hands and made one myself. I now want to both foster and nurture the love of baking to my fellow bakers, as well as introduce it to newcomers.”

Other than baking, junior Karina Shin believes club offers a nice atmosphere.

“It can be beneficial for students to join because they might find a fun hobby that they enjoy,” Shin said. “I think students should join, it’s a fun casual environment that is open to everyone, and there’s food.”

The Baker’s Club offers members a chance to learn material they wouldn’t necessarily learn in the classroom.

“At our meetings we work on a lot of baking techniques behind make all the delicious sweets,” freshman Hannah Beeler said. “Things such as separating eggs yolks from egg whites and doubling measurements.”

Other than developing their baking expertise, Beeler thinks it’s a great way to meet other fellow bakers on campus.

“I think students should join bakers club because it’s a fun way to meet new people,” Beeler said. “It also gives students a safe environment to learn baking because most of the people who come are all at the same level. No one has to feel bad about their baking skills.”