Review: An epic show

Theatre's production of Epic Proportions worth checking out

Actors performed in dress rehearsals to help memorize their blocking. The show runs Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m. with a matinee at 2 p.m. on Saturday.

Chase Fritz

Chase Fritz, Daily Update Producer

From the acting and set design, to the confetti at end, the theatre department’s production of Epic Proportions couldn’t have been any better. The play concludes its two week run with an all new cast with shows Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m. with an additional matinee Saturday at 2:00 p.m.

A comedic play about the making of an epic movie in the 1930s, Epic Proportions written by Larry Coen and David Crane is based on a young assistant director, Louise Goldman, and her love affairs with two brothers, Benny and Phil. This play takes many twists and turns with many comedic moments in between. Although it may have looked like another comedy in the viewer’s eyes, many of the actors and actresses had to put much more into it than one might have expected.

Led by Grace Raber (playing Louise Goldman), Andrew Woodward (playing Phil) and David Figueroa (playing Benny) the student cast was excellent and portrayed the characters incredibly well.

Beyond the cast, the production was a fined tuned machine on its third night. The first show had some expected issues such the temporary loss of the soundboard but by Saturday night, the show was nearly flawless.

With the audience laughing throughout, the show is worth checking out this week. Even though it will have an entirely different cast, there’s no reason to think Epic Proportions will be anything but an evening well spent.

Chase Fritz, Daily Update B Day Producer

Chase Fritz loves short walks on the beach while also maybe listening to some seagull mating calls in the distance. If I had to choose a color to describe...