Riding off wins against Reedy, soccer plays Coyotes

Remi Williams, Staff Reporter

• Sophomore Ashton Schramek and Cameron Wooley chase the ball as number Sammy Scott (#9) from Reedy High School tries to break through their defense. The boys’ team was able to hold off the Lions and get the 3-2 win at the Ford Center on Friday, Jan. 17, 2020.

• At the start of Tuesdays games both, Lebanon Trail and the Redhawks, have identical district standing. The boys (1-1-0) will play at The Nest at 7:00 p.m., while the girls (0-2) play away at 5:00 p.m.

• Sophomore Cameron Wooley runs after the ball as a Reedy High School soccer player chases after him. Returing from their matchup with the Heritage Coyotes, girls soccer take a win 4-0, and boys take a loss 0-2.

• Players on the side cheer after their teammates scored a goal in Friday’s 3-2 win over Reedy at the Ford Center. The team’s win was their first of the year in District 9-5A play, leaving the team with a district record of 1-2.

• Junior Joquin Padron attempts to take the ball away from his opponent during a game. The boys’ side plays at Liberty at 7:15 p.m., while the girl’s side starts at Frisco at 7:00 p.m.

• About to kick the ball down the field, junior Luke Enlow and the rest of the boys’ soccer team scored their first win on Friday, Jan. 17, 2020 at the Ford Center as they beat the Reedy Lions 3-2.

Both the boys’ and girls’ soccer teams earned wins over Reedy on Friday, and now on Tuesday, the Redhawks take on Heritage with the girls playing at home, and the boys traveling to Heritage.

Playing at the Ford Center, the boys’ team scored their first District 9-5A win (1-2) of the season as the Redhawks outlasted the Lions 3-2.

“That win was good but only a small part of our goals for this season,” junior Luke Enlow said. “We hope to continue playing well and just go game by game.” 

Shutting out the Lions 5-0, the girls’ team is now 2-1 in District 9-5A. 

“I’m feeling good after Friday’s game,” junior Summer Knox said. “It really helped myself and the rest of the team to have a win coming into a tough week of games.”