Clinic provides critic for one act troupe

Theatre+members+perform+on+stage+in+February+2020.+For+the+program%2C+the+state-wide+UIL+One-Act+Play+coming+up+in+March%2C+so+students+have+already+started+preparing%2C+with+director+Heather+Willingham+saying+the+rehearsal+process+has+been+going+smoothly+so+far.+

provided by Donata Bova-Ford

Theatre members perform on stage in February 2020. For the program, the state-wide UIL One-Act Play coming up in March, so students have already started preparing, with director Heather Willingham saying the rehearsal process has been going smoothly so far.

Yael Even, Managing Editor

Putting their acting skills to the test, theater members are attending the UIL One Act Play clinic at Frisco High School Thursday at 3:30 p.m.

“A UIL One Act Play clinic is an opportunity for the company (cast and crew), including the directors, to get an outside eye on the play,” theater director Heather Willingham said. “We will have time to get feedback from the clinician after performing the show, to find out what is working, and what might not be reading the way we are intending for it to.”

Having an outside source will help the members fix the technical aspect of the show.

“It will definitely help with fixing any problems in scenes because we’re getting the opinion of an audience member,” senior Isabella Knott said. “Specifically, that encompasses volume, physical expression, and technical aspects.”

The first round of the One Act Play contest is March 4, giving the cast and crew a few weeks to put feedback from Thursday’s clinic to use.

“We hope to get constructive advice and a new perspective on our show,” senior Emily Degarmo said. “It will help us develop the show beyond what we originally envisioned.”