Both a win and a loss as soccer battles Wakeland

Ending+the+night+with+a+win+for+the+girls+and+a+loss+for+the+boys%2C+both+soccer+teams+look+to+improve+their+game+for+upcoming+competition.+While+the+girls+took+the+victory%2C+junior+and+captian+Avery+Jennings+believes+there+is+still+room+for+improvement%2C+and+the+team+is+looking+forward+to+cleaner+level+of+play+in+the+future.+

Ending the night with a win for the girls and a loss for the boys, both soccer teams look to improve their game for upcoming competition. While the girls took the victory, junior and captian Avery Jennings believes there is still room for improvement, and the team is looking forward to cleaner level of play in the future.

Remi Williams, Staff Reporter

The girls’ soccer team moved into a playoff position with the Redhawks 2-1 win against Wakeland on Tuesday, leaving the team in fourth place with just three weeks left in the season.

“We did really well against Wakeland because we beat them and we put ourselves back into a play off position so that’s really good,” freshman Mckenna Clerkin said. “With this being my first year here, making the playoffs will set the tone for the rest of my high school career.”   

Falling to the Wolverines 6-3, the boys’ team jumped out to a 2-0 lead before the number 1 team in the Dallas Morning News 5A rankings went on a scoring binge.

But despite the loss, the competitive nature of District 9-5A leaves the team still alive for a playoff spot.

“I think we are still mathematically in it,” boys’ coach Fred Kaiser said. “The only thing we are mathematically out of is first. We just need to string some wins together and see what happens.”