BPA springs into state leadership conference

provided by Ananda Ghoshal

Senior Kapil Rampalli, junior Amber Cheng, sponsor JoAnn Jang, senior Kavi Saravanan, junior Anica Liu, and junior Srujan Mupparapu pose for a picture for BPA.

Ana Cuen, Guest Contributor

Business Professionals of America students are getting out of school early for spring break, but it’s not a vacation as they head to state on Wednesday to compete at the Dallas State Leadership Conference. 

“The students compete in different business related events,” sponsor JoAnn Jang said. “Whether that be like a written test or it could be speaking, or presentations, things like that just to practice different business skills.”

BPA offers competition events ranging from Finances and Accounting to Virtual Events. 

“So basically, in January we went to a regional conference,” Jang said. “They competed through their different events there and then those that place, depending on what event it is or it could be like top four or two if it was a team event, then those would get to compete state.”

Throughout the year, student members have been independently preparing for their upcoming competition. 

“The students are required to practice at least five minutes a day, a group we haven’t been doing much together, but I know individually they have been preparing really hard and they are great students and I know they are gonna do well,” Jang said. “I know that they are some of the best students out there, so I’m expecting really great results.”