Symbol of empowerment to students, Chadwick Boseman passes at 43

It+was+announced+on+Aug.+28+that+actor+Chadwick+Boseman+passed+away+at+age+44+due+to+colon+cancer.+Boseman+was+a+symbol+of+hope+and+empowerment+to+many%2C+and+fans+have+been+shocked+and+saddened+by+the+news%2C+including+students+across+campus.+

Gage Skidmore, Creative Commons

It was announced on Aug. 28 that actor Chadwick Boseman passed away at age 44 due to colon cancer. Boseman was a symbol of hope and empowerment to many, and fans have been shocked and saddened by the news, including students across campus.

Andrew Jáuregui, Staff Reporter

Chadwick Boseman, beloved actor in roles such as Jackie Robinson in 42, The Black Panther in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and many other films, passed away on Aug. 28 after a long battle with colon cancer. He was a symbol of hope and empowerment to many, and many of his fans have been shocked and saddened by the news, including junior Devansh Saxena.

“it’s really sad that an amazing actor passed so early, because he wasn’t just in Black Panther, but also in award-winning movies like 42,” Saxena said via text. “Although he’s gone, he battled cancer for four years and gave us great performances, so we should be thankful for that.”

The sudden and early death of an icon is something nobody ever expects, and it has taken many by surprise.

“I think it’s really sad and heart breaking because that was someone who played a popular character in the Marvel Universe and i know he will be very missed,” junior Jada Willimas said via text. “It was all out of the blue which made the news even worse, I will miss him as Black Panther.”

Saddening news to both diehard Marvel fans, casual fans, or anyone familiar with his work, senior Allen Vasquez seems to sum up the feelings of everyone who has learned of this loss.

“He was such a great actor,” Allen said via text. “I have so much respect for him and it’s sad to see him pass away.”