Volleyball ends non-district play with mixed results

Michael Martin

Coming off a big win for the Redhawk volleyball team as they beat the previously undefeated (in district play) Lebanon Trail , the girl’s hope to start a new winning streak as they take on the team down the street, the  Centennial Titans, Friday at 5:45 p.m. 

Remi Williams, Sports Editor

Playing twice in two days, volleyball finished the non-district part of its schedule with a win and a loss.

Hosting Bishop Lynch on Friday night, the Redhawks earned their first win of the year 3-2 (25-23, 21-25, 25-10, 23-25, 16-14).

“I think these games will help give us a sort of fire and motivation to one, become better as a team, and two, to win our games in districts,” sophomore Rachel Kim said.

Things didn’t go as well for the team Saturday as they fell short toMcKinney North 3-0 (25-21, 25-17, 25-10) in the team’s final game before District 9-5A play begins Tuesday with the Redhawks hosting Reedy

“During our last two games, I feel that we started off a bit slow,” Kim said. “But as we kept playing, we started to create energy and overall had a lot of hustle and hard work.